Cakework Creations takes the privacy of your information very seriously. We may collect personal data from you to enable us to communicate with you in order to fulfil your booking.
This may be your
• name • phone number • email address • postal address (used only for delivery purposes) • profile name on Facebook Messenger (only for customers making contact this way) • profile name on WhatsApp (only for customers making contact this way)
We only collect relevant and necessary information to enable us to complete the service we are commissioned for. Information about the recipient of the cake ordered is collected (name, age, food allergies, etc.), as is venue information for delivery of cakes for events (such as weddings).
The information you have provided to us is not kept any longer than is necessary. Your personal data is stored privately and safely in paper form, is only viewed by the business owner, and is never shared with any third party. Electronic information we have for you is protected by passwords which are only known to the business owner. If there is ever a breach of my online security or, for example, we lose a mobile phone, we will make all efforts to regain the information and will notify you accordingly.
Terms and Conditions
Ordering and Deposit
1. Your cake order will only be booked in once the specified deposit has been paid. The deposit will be 20% of the total balance of your cake order.
2. I operate a first come, first served policy; no booking is confirmed until the deposit is paid and that date will be booked by the first customer to pay their deposit.
3. Final balance payment must be paid a week before delivery or collection. Cakework Creations reserves the right to cancel any order of a customer who fails to pay the full amount on time.
4. Payments/booking fees are the responsibility of the client, no reminders will be sent.
Any changes to your cake order will be accepted up to two weeks prior to the completion date. After this time, changes may incur a charge. Once the item has been collected or delivered, the customer has accepted the item as it is.
Collection and Delivery
If you are collecting your cake order, you must keep to the agreed date and time. Once collected or delivered, the cake becomes your responsibility. We will package your cake in order to give as much protection as possible and will advise on how to transport and store it safely, so we cannot be held responsible for any damages caused to the cake once it leaves the premises. If we deliver a cake, we will advise on the best way to handle and store it and cannot be held responsible for any damages that occur once we have handed it over.
1. In the event of a cancellation by the customer, deposits are non-refundable. Any additional monies paid above the booking fee value will be returned, provided cancellation is made in writing no later than 7 days before the booked date. NO CANCELLATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED WITH LESS THAN 7 DAYS NOTICE (14 days for wedding orders) BEFORE THE ORDER DATE; AFTER THE CANCELLATION PERIOD HAS ENDED THE FULL BALANCE IS DUE.
2. In the unlikely event that Cakework Creations is unable to supply the order on the agreed date, due to unforeseen circumstances (such as illness, accident, injury or bereavement) we reserve the right to find a substitute company in order to fulfil the order. If we are still forced to cancel an order through no fault of the customer, ALL monies will be refunded.
3. Refunds are only available in the unlikely event that there is an issue with your order that is purely my fault, in which case the cake must be returned for inspection (no return, no refund). If the cake is served or thrown away, no refunds will be issued. No refund will be given if a cake has been stored incorrectly or kept beyond the use by date.
4. As stated in section 1, all booking fees are non-refundable, but may, at my discretion, be transferred to another date.
1. Non Edible Items: most cakes contain small proportions of inedible items; it is the client's responsibility to ensure that they are removed by your caterer/guests before consumption. These include: support dowels in tiered cakes, ribbons, wires in sugar flowers, dry pasta or wooden dowels in some toppers, diamantés, flower picks etc.
2. Cakework Creations is happy to cater for gluten-free and dairy-free cakes, however we must advise that ingredients containing gluten and dairy products are used on a regular basis in our kitchen, so while every care is taken to ensure no cross-contamination there is always a small risk and as such I cannot guarantee allergen-free products. We do not cater for nut allergies.
3. Storage: sugarpaste/modelling sugarpaste/fondant is not designed to be refrigerated and so cakes should be stored in a cool, dry place. Damaged caused to the cake and/or decorations by incorrect storage will be the customer’s liability only.
4. We cannot guarantee a 100% colour match, however we will aim to get decorations as close as possible to your chosen colour.
5. While we are happy to take inspiration from photos you might wish to send us, we are unable to exactly copy another cake maker's design due to creative rights. However, we will be happy to make something similar where possible.
6. Due to the handmade nature of our cakes, some variation may occur and no two cakes will ever be exactly the same.
7. We reserve the right to amend any of these Terms and Conditions at any time.
8. DUE TO THE FLUCTUATING AND EVER-INCREASING COST OF SUPPLIES, ALL QUOTES ARE VALID FOR ONE MONTH ONLY UNLESS SECURED WITH A DEPOSIT.
We reserve the right to photograph your cake order before delivery/collection for our own reference and publicity purposes.
Cakework Creations is insured for Public Liability through the British Sugarcraft Guild.